The Google Authenticator plugin for WordPress gives you multifactor authentication using the Google Authenticator app for Android/iPhone/Blackberry.
If you’re security aware you may allready have the Google Authenticator app installed, using it for multifactor authentication on your Gmail or Google Apps account.
The multifactor authentication requirement can be enabled on a per user basis, You could enable it for your administrator account, but login as usual with less privileged accounts.
Notice: This plugin requires the SHA1 & SHA256 hashing algorithms to be available in your PHP installation, it’s not possible to activate the plugin without.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Enter a description on the Users -> Profile and Personal options page, in the Google Authenticator section.
- Scan the generated QR code with your phone, or enter the secret manually (remember to pick the time based one)
- Remember to hit the Update profile button at the bottom of the page before leaving the Personal options page.
- That’s it, your WordPress blog is now a little more secure.